When a storm has caused damage in your area, don’t be surprised if roofers show up and offer their repair services. Before starting any work, be sure to call your insurance company.
Articles in this section
- The most common types of storm damage include hail, wind and water damage. Make sure to check areas including your roof, foundation, windows/doors and siding after a heavy storm to ensure you don’t have any major damage.
- Have a professional roofing contractor do a thorough roof inspection at least once a year to help identify any problem areas, replace loose shingles and perform any necessary roofing repairs.
- How to Check for Storm Damage
- You can easily detect storm damage to your roof from wind and hail if you have cracked or broken shingles, and a significant amount of granules missing from asphalt shingles.
- Don't forget to prepare the exterior parts of your home when getting ready for a storm.
- Tree Maintenance
- The Essentials of Hurricane Preparedness
- Dangers of a Leaky Roof
- How to Protect Your Home From Storms
- Beware of Storm-Chasing Contractors